Hi! I'm pretty shy, so this is a bit out of my comfort zone but I'll give it a try! First of all, if you cherish your family's "everyday" and feel there's value in documenting what will soon become your family's history, then you are in the right place!
I'm Tara, I am a newborn, baby, child and family lifestyle photographer in Moncton, NB. I live in the country with my husband and 4 kids and one more on the way! It's crazy and chaotic around here sometimes but I'm learning to slow down and appreciate the little things that I know I will miss someday like:
- the squishiness of chubby baby cheeks
- the 17 stuffed animals that are under my blankets "sleeping" when I try to go to bed
- getting up early to go to hockey in the freezing cold
- dragging all 6 kids (and usually extras) to baseball games in the summer
- kid's fingerprints and tongue prints on the window
- the smell of baby feet
- toddler refusing to wear anything but panties or "unnawares"
- and waking up in the morning and tripping on sleeping bodies on my floor!
I started this journey in 2009 and have been actively developing my skill and style since then. I knew someday that I would pursue lifestyle photography as a business because I wanted to share the importance of documenting special-everyday moments with others but I had to wait until the kids got a bit older. Now that they have, I get to focus more on what I love!
Facts about me:
- I was born in 1983 (I have been 29 for the past 3 years)!
- I've lived in the same area my whole life
- Horse back riding use to be my favorite thing to do but with so many little kids, I haven't had the chance to in years
- I'm crafty...I really like to refinish furniture. I painted all of my cupboards and doors when we renovated
- I have learned to love soup...I can make it in one big pot, it's easy to make and easier to clean up!
- My flower beds look awesome until about Aug every year, then I lose interest and the weeds take over
- My kids are involved in a lot of activities: hockey, basketball, baseball, horseback riding and piano lessons
- Coffee is my favorite meal
- I stay up way too late and wake up way too early.
Meet my babies!
I believe that every family deserves to have a family album to showcase the everyday moments in their lives and that all family members should be in the frame. So the moms and dads who are usually the family photographer get to be seen! I know that's hard. I have learned to see the value in it. My children want to see me in photographs too. That will be important to them when I am no longer here. Let's work together to create something more than digital images which live on Facebook and your hard drive. Hard drives fail and Facebook will not be around forever. So let's get started on this now!